On Sunday, August 31st, Steven and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. It's unbelievable to me that 6 years have come and gone for us as a married couple...it's even more unbelievable that we were together for 6 years prior to our marriage for a grand total of 12 years. Steven and I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend in New Bern, NC at the Aerie Inn Bed & Breakfast. It was such a great time to relax, with nothing we had to do and nowhere we had to be. We took the opportunity of solace to reflect on how we are doing in our marriage and thankfully, I can say that we are continuously growing stronger. This has been a difficult, yet wonderful year. It's very surreal how I can say that our miscarriage at the end of March was one of the hardest and yet strongest times of our marriage. Being able to grieve with my husband and see that he hurt as badly as I did and yet we held firm to our faith through it all, trusting that God had a plan for this trial was such sweet comfort. It's also fascinating to think about all of the positive changes we've seen - like Steven's graduation from med-school, his beginning of residency and purchasing our first home. It has been such an honor to journey this path with Steven...seeing him grow from an infatuated teenager to a man who is a great doctor and husband. I can't wait to see where the next 6 years takes us!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
6 Years!!!
On Sunday, August 31st, Steven and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. It's unbelievable to me that 6 years have come and gone for us as a married couple...it's even more unbelievable that we were together for 6 years prior to our marriage for a grand total of 12 years. Steven and I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend in New Bern, NC at the Aerie Inn Bed & Breakfast. It was such a great time to relax, with nothing we had to do and nowhere we had to be. We took the opportunity of solace to reflect on how we are doing in our marriage and thankfully, I can say that we are continuously growing stronger. This has been a difficult, yet wonderful year. It's very surreal how I can say that our miscarriage at the end of March was one of the hardest and yet strongest times of our marriage. Being able to grieve with my husband and see that he hurt as badly as I did and yet we held firm to our faith through it all, trusting that God had a plan for this trial was such sweet comfort. It's also fascinating to think about all of the positive changes we've seen - like Steven's graduation from med-school, his beginning of residency and purchasing our first home. It has been such an honor to journey this path with Steven...seeing him grow from an infatuated teenager to a man who is a great doctor and husband. I can't wait to see where the next 6 years takes us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My goodness! I can't believe it's been 6 years! Doesn't it seem like you guys have been married forever? It does to me!!! I love you both so much, and can't wait to see what the next six years hold in store for you! :)
6 years...dang. weez beez gettin old. your marriage is 3x old as mine. give me some wisdom.
Post a Comment