Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We finally got some snow!

When the weatherman began reporting snow for eastern North Carolina yesterday, I was very apprehensive. I mean, they forcasted snow for Sunday and we never saw one flake. They forcasted the snow beginning anywhere between midnight and 5am. When I woke up at 5:30am to use the bathroom (as I do frequently now that I'm well into the 2nd trimester) I peeped out the window with great expectations. What did I find? Only rain. I was sorely disappointed. However, when Steven left for work around 6:45 this morning he informed me that snow was coming down beautifully. Yay!!! Work was on a 2 hour delay and I opted to take the day off. I'm a bit overly precautious and was afraid I might fall or something. Anyway, it was a glorious day in the snow, I think we got between 5-6 inches.



I made two batches of snow cream and one batch is already nearly gone...I may make more tonight. Poor Steven had to work until after 4pm, so he wasn't home to share all of the excitement with me, but thankfully Heather was here:) We made pancakes and sausage around 11am and played a little outside with Larry. Larry absolutely LOVES the snow...he acts crazy when he gets outside in it; running back and forth and tossing his nose in it. I caught a little of his response on video, which I tried to post, but the blog wouldn't upload. I'll see if Steven can play around with it and we'll post it later. Steven came home like a giddy school boy and quickly prepared himself to go play in the snow. We threw a few snowballs and took a few pictures of our first snow in our new home. Overall, it was a great day and I LOVE the snow!!!

1 comment:

Joey G said...

I wish I could have seen my nephew Larry frolic in the snow! I love you!