This has been a busy week for me and Steven. We spent most every evening this week preparing for a talk that we were giving on Thursday night at the weekly Campus Crusade for Christ meeting; the "relationship talk." I think that this is our 4th time in 6 years giving the talk and every year it is so rewarding. The focus of the talk is how to build a Godly relationship and we use our own experience to encourage the students listening. I think that maybe Steven and I get more out of it than the students do. It's such a great time of reflection for us; reminiscing on where God has brought us over the nearly 13 years that we've been together. We're so thankful for the testimony that He's given us!
Tonight, we went out to eat at Finelli's for Steven's 29th birthday, which is Tuesday the 24th. It's so hard to believe that we're both turning 29 this year. We'll be celebrating all weekend into next week. Tomorrow he's having a "man night" and will be celebrating with his best guy friends, Sunday is a special birthday dinner with his folks, which is always fun and delicious, then on Tuesday he'll get to open all of his presents! Happy birthday sweet Steven!
Speaking of Steven, he was named Junior Chief Resident today which is such an honor for him, I'm so proud. Many of you probably watch shows like Gray's Anatomy or ER and have heard of the Chief Residents who help supervise students, interns, and do a lot of decision making in their specialty. Well, being Junior Chief is like being the Chief Resident in training - it may mean that one day, when he's a 3rd year resident that he could actually become the Chief! Steven put his name in the hat for Jr. Chief and was voted in by his fellow residents, which is truly humbling. He's such a natural leader and I know he's going to serve his fellow residents and patients well. Congratulations!
In other doctor news, Steven switched his rotation next month from the gruesomely difficult MICU (Medical Intensive Care Unit) to a combo month of cardiology/neurology. This switch will enable him to be much freer to participate in preparations for the babies such as showers and all the fun parenting/birthing classes that I've signed up for in March. I'm so thankful that Steven wants to be so involved and I'm happy to know that he's relieved of the likely stress that MICU would have induced.
In terms of the pregnancy, we're all 3 doing very well. I'm 28 weeks today and I'm feeling great! I took a "belly picture" tonight and can see a difference just in the two weeks since I took the last shot. The babies are super active, kicking and moving all of the time. Meredith continues to stay very high into my left side rib cage...she's making her presence known. We're counting down now - 9 weeks to go, Lord willing they make it to 37 weeks. It's so unbelievable to me that we've come this far. I'm trying to finish reading Babywise and Mothering Multiples during the next 9 weeks and I'm also trying to make time to talk with some close friends who have kids to get lots of parenting advice. Our cribs came in this week, but unfortunately one of them was damaged, so we have to send it back:( Nonetheless, it's fun to have one to start setting up. Let the fun begin:)
3 comments:
Look at you!!!!! SO cute!!
Candi,
It is great fun to follow this part of your life!
You look beautiful!!
Hey Candi,
I saw your post on Erica's blog. I had no idea you guys were expecting - CONGRATS!!
Jenny
Post a Comment