My babies are already 8 months old. Can you believe that? I certainly can't. I was looking at Berkley as he jumped up and down in the jumper this evening - he's turning into a little boy. They're not going to be babies much longer. They've officially outgrown the bouncy seats that I was using to feed them in the morning and at night when I am by myself. They actually outgrew them awhile back, but I just didn't want to let go. In the last month they've started reaching out to you when they want you to pick them up. They've mastered sitting up and can transfer getting from a sitting up position onto all fours. Berkley has lifted up a few times like he wants to crawl, but no crawling just yet. It's only matter of time before they're both crawling though. I actually bought baby gates today and started safety proofing the house. Meredith is saying Da-Da very well and Berkley says Ma-Ma, but she won't say Ma-Ma and he won't say Da-Da - pretty funny isn't it? They've both gotten colds in the last week, but thankfully no fevers or earaches, only runny noses and sneezing. In the last couple of weeks the babies have tried cottage cheese and avacado, and they didn't like either. They also tried plain yogurt, which they loved. They're enjoying all of their new Christmas toys and it's so fun to see them play together. Meredith tends to steal toys from Berkley and Berkley just goes on about his business. Oh, but the day will come when they'll be fighting over those toys, I'm sure. I'll enjoy it now while I can. I'm definitely trying to enjoy every little moment I have with them. I have to confess, I've kind of enjoyed when they get up during the night since they've been sick. I like that I can cradle them, rock them, and see them look at me so sweet. God has truly opened my eyes to what a blessing it is to have these precious babies to love and care for.
Monday, January 04, 2010
8 months
My babies are already 8 months old. Can you believe that? I certainly can't. I was looking at Berkley as he jumped up and down in the jumper this evening - he's turning into a little boy. They're not going to be babies much longer. They've officially outgrown the bouncy seats that I was using to feed them in the morning and at night when I am by myself. They actually outgrew them awhile back, but I just didn't want to let go. In the last month they've started reaching out to you when they want you to pick them up. They've mastered sitting up and can transfer getting from a sitting up position onto all fours. Berkley has lifted up a few times like he wants to crawl, but no crawling just yet. It's only matter of time before they're both crawling though. I actually bought baby gates today and started safety proofing the house. Meredith is saying Da-Da very well and Berkley says Ma-Ma, but she won't say Ma-Ma and he won't say Da-Da - pretty funny isn't it? They've both gotten colds in the last week, but thankfully no fevers or earaches, only runny noses and sneezing. In the last couple of weeks the babies have tried cottage cheese and avacado, and they didn't like either. They also tried plain yogurt, which they loved. They're enjoying all of their new Christmas toys and it's so fun to see them play together. Meredith tends to steal toys from Berkley and Berkley just goes on about his business. Oh, but the day will come when they'll be fighting over those toys, I'm sure. I'll enjoy it now while I can. I'm definitely trying to enjoy every little moment I have with them. I have to confess, I've kind of enjoyed when they get up during the night since they've been sick. I like that I can cradle them, rock them, and see them look at me so sweet. God has truly opened my eyes to what a blessing it is to have these precious babies to love and care for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, Candi. What a sweet post. I love seeing how your heart has such joy in being a mom. I love reading the milestones they make as it causes me to reflect on Lydia and Caleb when they were that age. I love you and look forward to when our kids can play together:)
Post a Comment