Saturday, June 04, 2011

The Queen City Visit

As I mentioned in my previous post, the twins and I are just returning from a two day trip to Charlotte. We traveled with my mom and brother to celebrate my cousin's graduation from high school. Charlotte is like a second home to me. My mom's brother and sister both live there with their families, so I grew up visiting my aunts, uncles, and cousins in Charlotte on a regular basis. As I've gotten older and begun my own family, my trips to Charlotte have gotten fewer and fewer and yet my love for my family there has gotten even greater. This was Berkley and Meredith's first trip to the Queen city and it was such a joy to watch them interact with my family, play with some of the same toys I played with as a child, and make special memories of their own. From visiting my Uncle Norman who is recuperating from a stroke, loving on Aunt Gwen, and sharing in the joy of a graduation, every minute of this journey together as a family was priceless!


We had the chance to visit with Aunt Gwen and here she is showing the twins some of the toys I played with when I was a child.



All the grandkids, nieces and nephews get a picture on this special swing


I remember how much I loved walking on these stepping stones as a child and it was so cool to see my babies doing the same thing.


They just started playing and posing after this.





3 comments:

Andrea said...

love the ones of them in the yard!

The Renfrows said...

We would love to see you the next time you come to Charlotte! I miss me some Mannings!

Shane and Katie Martin said...

All I can say is wow! It's incredible how big and precious they are... I still think of them as being like, a year old!