Thursday, July 07, 2011

Welcome Home

We've been out of our Greenville home for a full week now and the twins will be spending their 3rd night in Jamesville tonight. Thus far, Berkley and Meredith seem to love our new home. They have a playroom for the first time, which they love, and so do I! They love the huge back yard where they can run free, while I'm watching them of course. A highlight of their first night in Jamesville was walking to the Post Office to pick up the mail. It took about 15 minutes and it was so peaceful and quiet. Steven and I are enjoying the small community atmosphere of Jamesville immensely and I for one am loving living in my grandparents family home. I've had the opportunity of going through lots of pictures and treasures over the last week, treasures to me at least. I found a birthday card from my Nana to my Papa with a check enclosed made out for love and a happy life. One thing is evident from all the papers and picture I've seen, my Nana adores her husband, her children, and God. I've found lots of handwritten Bible lessons encouraging people to meditate on how they can let their light shine for Christ. I've found birthday and mother's day cards as old, if not older than I am. A really cool thing was a thank you note that my mom wrote to my grandmother's church after my birth. It was sweet to see my mom's heart at the time of my arrival. I can honestly say that my grandparent's house has come to life over the last week, it feels like it's happy to have children in it. I've always been a very nostalgic person and living in the Blount family home has certainly brought that spirit out in me. I love to think about my mom as a child in this home, how my Papa would ride his bike down the street that I'm walking down, I love to sit at the table where my great-grandparents sat. There are so many other remembrances that I could share, but I don't want to keep you, my readers, too long. But, just in case you were wondering, we're enjoying our new home. We're not fully settled by any measure and we certainly miss our friends and the convenience of Greenville, but overall, we're very content at the moment

No comments: