Today I dropped my twins off for their first day of a Mother's Day Out program, which is basically preschool for two year olds. They are attending this program at Memorial Baptist Church, where I attended preschool, and they are going 2 d/wk for 3 hr/d. I felt sick to my stomach dropping them off (and continued to feel sick the whole time they were gone) and yes, I did cry a little bit. They were champs though. They walked right in and started playing, they didn't miss me a bit. Well, I don't know if that's true because they were pretty excited to see me when I picked them up. I know this will be a good experience for them in learning how to socialize with other children and how to sit still and listen in a group setting, but boy was it hard to let go of my babies this morning. This season of life is just so brief and I don't want to rush it. I'm told that they behaved well and also that one little girl in the class is already calling Berkley her boyfriend, uh-oh! When I asked the twins if they made any new friends, Meredith said yes, and when I asked her who she said, "Mrs. Jane," who is her teacher. So cute! Meredith also said that they sang about Jesus. I'm sure they'll glean so much from this time and maybe I'll get a few things done as well. I got a lot accomplished in my 3hrs this morning; gas for the car, drug store, library, post office, store, and fixed lunch. You know I have to share some pictures with you.
Here they are leaving our house this morning with their little book bags in tow. I love that Meredith is giving a thumbs up and that Berkley looks so grown with his hand in his pocket.

Here's their first art project from preschool. As you can see from Meredith's, she likes to draw M's.

...And another thing I've thought about today. Mrs. Jane, or Mrs. Harrell as I call her, was my 3rd grade teacher. She taught my brother, my sister and me. It was so great to hear her calling my little Meredith's name today. It made me think about how much I love having "Meredith and Candi" go together again. Ever since I was born, there was Meredith and Candi, when you said one, you always said the other. Then there was that season after my sister passed away that I felt a void of not having Meredith with me. I love hearing Meredith and Candi go together again and I think my sister would be pleased as well.
3 comments:
This is absolutely precious. Candi, y'all have such a sweet little family :)
I think Meredith would be happy too, Candi.
so i guess i've been replaced by Berkley's new girlfriend??? :) your babies are SO cute and SO big... i guess they're not really babies anymore, huh?
Post a Comment