Thursday, October 13, 2011

Family Update

So, how are we doing? This is the question that I, and my family, have been asked a lot over the last 3 weeks. Well, the short of it is that we're doing okay, but we miss my dad very much. It's crazy how routine it had become caring for him day in and day out. It was so comforting to have his physical body here to touch and talk to. I miss being able to hold his hand, rub his head, or tell him that I love him. But in the moments where I find myself getting weepy, I just remind myself of how he had suffered, especially in those last few months, and I find comfort, again, in knowing he is at peace with Christ. We're having to adjust, especially my mom, to having a newfound freedom to be once more involved in the world. Things as simple as being able to go to church on Sunday morning are major "treats" for my mom! So, although it is a huge adjustment not having my daddy here to love on, we're finding comfort in knowing he's free of his suffering and we're taking things a day at the time in terms of figuring out what life looks like now.

Here's one newfound joy; taking the twins to the playground at the local elementary school. They love the slides and we're always thrilled when Grandma or Mima can join us for some afternoon fun!




And just for the fun of it, I had to add this precious picture of Berkley and Meredith from yesterday morning. On mornings when we don't have anywhere to rush to, we relax a bit upstairs before coming down for breakfast. This is what the twins like to do when they can just relax, they lye in bed and basically laugh at and talk to each other. It's pretty cute I must say:)

No comments: