Friday, October 05, 2012

Pitt County Fair 2012

Tonight was our first experience as a family at a fair. We visited the Pitt County Fair and had a magical time! Berkley and Meredith are just so enthusiastic, imaginative, and just plain fun at this age, which made the fair a truly memorable experience. The first ride we did together was the giant slide that you ride down on burlap sacks. Steven reprimanded me later for having ridden with Berkley (I was supposed to be waiting with Berkley at the bottom) and I have to admit, about halfway down I was wondering what I was doing, but boy was it fun! When we got to the bottom I have never seen such a giant grin on Berkley's face, he laughed hysterically and began asking to go again. The twins rode many rides by themselves, which I can't believe my babies are big enough to do that! They loved the pony ride and both exclaimed, "Yee haw" the moment they got on the saddle. Overall, it was great to see the twins take pride in the realization that they are more independent, which was evident on their faces as they ran to get onto and off of rides. We capped the evening off with a Ferris wheel ride, which they adored...made mommy kind of nervous, but they were oblivious to any fear. Fun times tonight for the Mannings!

No comments: