For those of you who don't know, Elisabeth Elliot Gren is my favorite most inspirational author. I love her books and several of them have really impacted my life. I wrote her a letter a couple of weeks ago to let her know how much her life's testimony and her books encouraged and comforted me after losing my sister. I received a gracious and humble reply yesterday. Included in the letter was this poem that I wanted to share with you. It's called He Knows by E Margaret Clarkson.
He knows it all - the winding path,
The sky o'ercast and gray,
The steepness of the mountainside,
The roughness of the way.
He knows it all - the haunting fear,
The doubtings that distress,
The wond'rings and perplexities,
And all the strain and stress.
He knows it all - each troubled thought,
Each anxious wave of care,
And every burden, every grief,
Or cross that thou dost bear.
He knows it all - thy weight of woe,
Thine often tear-dimmed eye,
The stabbing pain, the slow, dull ache,
And sorrow's broken cry.
He knows it all - you are His child,
Thy wounds He takes by choice.
He gave Himself to bring you home,
So trust Him, and rejoice!
I do trust Him, more now than ever before! And though it is the hardest thing to do, I rejoice. I rejoice because I know that my trials have come, "so that my faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed (1 Peter 1:7)
No comments:
Post a Comment