I had a heavenly dream last night, it made me cry and smile at the same time. The dream had my dad in it and he was healthy. All I remember is my dad was walking up a flight of stairs. Daddy didn't have a walker, no diapers, no balance problems...he was himself. He was wearing his old blue jeans, a red flannel shirt, a black cap, and his brogans (the boots all the farmers wear). His face was full and round, he had the "Griffin gap" (the gap in his front teeth), his face and hands were red like he'd been farming, and he was his old big Joe size. I just remember him walking up those stairs with a giant grin on his face and he opened his arms. As soon as daddy opened his arms I hugged him and he held me so tight and actually picked me up off of the ground. We didn't speak. We just hugged. And that was my dream. Isn't it heavenly? Ah, how I wish I could see him like that now.
No comments:
Post a Comment