Okay, I can't keep it a secret any longer. Yes it's true...we're expecting! I can't even believe it myself, but it's true. On November 5th a new little Manning or possibly Mannings will be coming into the world. That's right, it could be twins! Steven and I will find out on March 28th if we are having twins. Of course, as you can imagine, my mother is ecstatic as this will be her first grandchild. Steven and I loved telling our families and surprising everyone! The greatest response was from my daddy. I told my daddy and he really didn't show any response at all initially, so I didn't think he could cognitively understand. I returned to my folk's house the next day and daddy looked a lot more alert, so I asked him if he remembered our conversation from the day before and then asked him what I was having. My daddy looked at me and said, "a baby" so clearly. It was priceless. Not only that, but he repeated it later in front of my mom, so they had a moment to share in the joy of becoming grandparents together. I was so happy to know that my dad understands at some level that he's going to be a grandfather.
So, lots of big things coming in the very near future. A baby, Match Day on Thursday, possibly a move to a new home, and then of course, my concert on the 30th of this month. Speaking of which, I've got to go and practice. Please pray for my health and for the safe development of our baby.
2 comments:
Whooo Hooo!!!!!!! My best friend's havin' a baby!!! :)
Love you lots!
andrea
TWINS!!! Wow!!! That would be soooooooo cool! God is so good!
Post a Comment