A boy and a girl!!! How exciting is that? We are so thrilled to know we're going to be parents of a son and a daughter and not only that, to see that they are looking healthy at this point. Their little brains, hearts, stomachs, kidneys, hands and feet all look like they're functioning properly. It was an amazing thing to watch our babies kicking, moving, and putting their hands to their faces. The ultrasound tech first discovered our baby boy - he was very proud to show us that he was a boy; he sat with his legs spread wide the entire time. Now our girl on the other hand, she was very modest. We went to try and discover what she was and she was holding her umbilical cord between her legs. Thankfully the ultrasound technician moved forward with looking at their organs and by the end of the ultrasound our baby girl was cooperating. I could literally see Steven's chest fill with pride when the technician said "a boy" and I started tearing up when she said "a girl." Words cannot express our gratitude to God for this gift. I know things are going to be chaotic with two and that I should go ahead and count on no sleep for...well, maybe I shouldn't even think about sleep. The only concern at this point was that the baby girl is smaller than the baby boy; he weighs about 12 oz and she's at 9 oz. This could be due to several simple things like when they actually implanted or just that she's a girl, but the doctors are going to do another ultrasound on Jan. 14th to be sure she's still growing proportionately. Thank you all for rejoicing with us! We're so thankful for all of our friends and family and look forward to you sharing in this special time with us.
(The top picture is the baby girl's profile, the 2nd is the baby boy's profile, and the bottom picture is their two little heads side by side with the girl on the right and the boy on the left)
5 comments:
Awww Candi...I am so excited to hear the news! I am glad you are having a boy and a girl....you get to experience the best of both worlds :) Congratulations again...I can't wait to meet them!!!!
Yippee! Look at them, so close already! I can't wait for you guys to have them here with you. You are going to be such wonderful parents. A boy and a girl. . . It's just fabulous! That's what Andrea and I were hoping for you guys just the other day!
What a precious blessing... God is so faithful! Congratulations!
Congratulations! What joyful news! God is so faithful...
Candi,
Long time no see! I keep up with you on your blog and I am SO excited for you and Stephen!! Twins! What wonderful times you have ahead of you. I told Rockie just the other week that I love it when I know someone who is going to be a first-time mom because you just don't know how much you can love those little babies! You love them when they are inside but when you get to look at them and hold them, and when they smile at you for the first time....it's so sweet. If you would like you can check us out at: turnerfamilyfour.blogspot.com
Take care and I look forward to keeping up with your pregnancy and delivery!
Post a Comment