Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August Update

August has been a busy month in the life of our family. I took the babies out for the first time by myself (okay, I did have a little help from my mom in getting there, thanks mama). We visited my coworkers with Peds Hem/Onc (the special occasion was Dr. Daeschner's b-day and anniversary). It was wonderful getting to see everyone again and they LOVED meeting the babies. Everyone in my office was so supportive during my pregnancy, it was such a blessing to share my little ones with the folks who loved them right from the get go. I had my first mom's night out at the Daily Grind with several other friends of mine who are moms. I REALLY enjoyed getting out of the house for an evening and getting mommy wisdom from ladies who've been there. A friend from college, Amy B., has also started visiting with us one afternoon a week. Her baby is just two weeks older than Meredith and Berkley so we have a lot in common right now. We also had a visit from our friends Beth, Dave and their precious little gift, Jacob. It's been fun having the twins meet so many of our dear friends.

We've been working hard to sleep train our twins. You never think about how it takes work to teach babies when to nap. They haven't perfected it yet, but have grown tremendously. Meredith is a lot like me in that she LOVES to sleep. One night this week she slept through the night until around 6:45am, we then put her back to bed and she slept until 12:45pm...I couldn't believe it. Berkley has had a more difficult time as he likes to fight sleep, but he's really improving. We're currently debating whether or not to put them in separate bedrooms as they've started to bother each other more at night and during naps.

Developmentally, I feel the twins are doing great. Meredith began rolling from her back to tummy about a week ago, now I can't walk away for more than a minute without her rolling over. Berkley rolled over from back to tummy for the first time today; I caught the end of it on video, which is below. Meredith has discovered how to squeal and boy does she love it. Berkley has this precious little coo that sounds like he's saying "Agoo." We've brought down the Baby Einstein exersaucer; they're still a little small for it, but Berkley has enjoyed trying it out (Meredith just sinks in it). They both are recognizing faces now. They get so excited at the sight of mommy, daddy, grandma, Mema, Papa and Nana. I've never seen anything as beautiful as my babies' smiles.



We had their 4 month check-up today. Berkley now weighs 14lb 13oz, is 25.5 inches long. Meredith weighs 12lb 13oz. and is 24.5 inches long. They had several shots today so I have a feeling we're in for a long night. The only concern raised today is that Berkley may have a mild case of torticollis which is basically the tightening of one side of the neck muscles which causes the neck to stay to one side. We're being referred to a physical therapist to be evaluated.

Our 7th anniversary is this Sunday. Can you believe we've been married for 7 years? I can't. Our church family has given us a gift certificate to an awesome restaurant in Kinston called The Chef and the Farmer and they're providing babysitting for the evening. Steven and I are psyched about a nice evening out. We never realized how consuming parenthood would be, there is really no couple time anymore, so we're really looking forward to a little us time.

Enjoy pictures from this months activities.



And just when you thought I couldn't possibly have more photos, I realized I'd forgotten a few. Oh well, I'm sure you don't mind:)

1 comment:

The Renfrows said...

They are growing so much! Wish I was in Greenville to come to you and Amy's playdates!! Miss you girls! I loved the pics from the office.