Tuesday, September 01, 2009

7 Years


Steven and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary yesterday, August 31st. We actually celebrated all weekend, the big celebration being on Saturday. Our church family had given us a gift certificate to this amazing restaurant in Kinston call The Chef and the Farmer and were also providing babysitting - or at least that's all I thought they were doing. However, when i got home I discovered that there was much more to the gift. First of all, it was so much fun getting all dressed up and going out with my husband. I wanted to look especially nice, so I went to get my haircut Saturday morning. You see, for the last 4 months my hair has pretty much always been in a ponytail, I even slept with it in a ponytail. I knew getting a new look would help to make things even more special. The dinner out was a great experience; we loved the ambiance of the place, the food was spectacular and we loved that we could go all out with appetizer, main course and dessert and coffee:) It was hard to come home, but of course I missed my little ones. As we drove up I saw a pretty mum on the front porch and realized that some other ladies from church were there, not just the ones we had left with the babies - that's when I realized they were doing much more than I knew. I walked in and there were beautiful flowers, an anniversary cookie, icecream, sparkling grape juice and candles awaiting us. I thought that was the end of it all until I went upstairs and realized - hey, my floor looks a lot cleaner. That's right, they had cleaned my house. How amazing is that? Apparently about 9 of the ladies from my church had rotated duties at my house throughout the evening; watching the babies and cleaning. As you can imagine, I was thrilled to come home to such a sweet surprise and just humbled by the love of my sisters in Christ:) Not to mention how great it was that Steven knew about this and kept it a surprise the whole time.



It's hard to believe that 7 years has passed. Steven and I were talking last night about how we were an old married couple from the time we started dating; we've just always been that comfortable with one another...at home you might say. Parenting has definitely added a new dynamic to our marriage with it's share of challenges and joys. I love him more deeply now than ever - I love the father that he is, so hands on. Here's to many more years of bliss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

YAY first to comment! I was sure Joey would beat me to the punch! :)

First of all, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!! A day late, but hey...it comes from the heart! :)

Second of all, you look absolutely beautiful; I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair; it suits your face perfectly!

And finally, i REEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY miss you. A lot.

Anonymous said...

One more thing...that last picture is classic Steven! Hilarious! I can just hear him making a high pitched "OOOOO" sound!

Love you!