Friday, November 04, 2011

Rainy Days

It was a rainy day here in eastern NC, which means we stayed inside ALL DAY, which can get to be a bit much with two toddlers running around. Nonetheless, we made it a fun day when we pulled out the fingerpaints. I spent more time setting it up and cleaning it up than we actually did playing with it, but they had so much fun that it was worth it. I couldn't have done it without Grandma's help; she managed Meredith while I managed Berkley. Fun was had by all!


In other memorable things, I want to always remember how yesterday at dinner, Berkley leaned over and laid on my arm three separate times to say, "I love you mama." It was so precious, it just melted my heart. He had only started saying I love you the day before, so to have him say it in such a deliberate and sweet way was very special. Meredith also told me I love you in a sweet way on Wednesday. Meredith told me that she had to tell me something and in a gentle little whisper with her eyes just a twinkling she said, "I love you." Also, Berkley started this new thing this week where he will randomly announce, "I'm Berkley," with the greatest pride. He's just started saying his name correctly and I wish you all could hear him say it. Moments I don't want to forget.

No comments: