Sunday, July 25, 2010

Kiawah, the final day

Our vacation did, inevitably, come to an end today. What a wonderful 4 days we had with the Blount clan! It's weeks like this that cause me to reflect on the amazing family God has blessed Steven and I with. I mean, my Uncle Phil's boys are now 14 and 18 and yet they still find their 30 something cousins fun and entertaining. I hope it will always be that way:)

Well, the fun didn't end when we left Kiawah Island. We had a 6 hour trip with Steven, Uncle Joey, Meredith, Berkley and myself. The babies did great during our long drive. Of course, they did fuss occasionally, but nothing uncontrollable. My brother caught a couple of sweet moments between me and the babies that I wanted to post for memory's sake. In the picture of me and Meredith, I had been tickling her knees. She'd laugh and then do the sign for more, asking me to keep tickling. In the picture of me and Berkley, I was letting him play with my hair, which is one of his favorite things to do.




We stopped by Williamston to see all the grandparents and two of the great-grandmothers. Saying the grandparents and great-grandmother's were happy to see them would be an understatement...I suppose that elated would be more like it:) There have never been two more loved babies. When Meredith and Berkley saw my mom, it was like you could see them shift back into "home" mode. Although they had done well this week at the beach, they had been more fussy than usual, which I believe is due to being in a new place around so many people. Bringing them to my mom's and then to Steven's folks really brought them back to their normal selves. Boy were they were happy to see their cribs tonight!

No comments: